Monday, October 6, 2014

KOOKIES & MILK #3 with KALEB & MOME

We have a special treat today!!


I was lucky and won THE DAY THE CRAYONS QUIT from The Reading Nook Reviews and had them send it off to my reviewer Kaleb, straight away.


You can tell he has a GIANT GRIN going on back there!!





Q: I asked Kaleb what color crayon he would like to be and what he would call this color.

A: Kaleb decided he wanted to be ALL THE COLORS!! He said, "How can I pick just one? They all are so great for everything!" He said he would call this the "EVERYTHING" crayon.



MOME SAYS

"So, this by far was my favorite children's book we have read in a long time. Not only did it give Kaleb the obvious practice with his coloring, but it also let him see how to treat someone you consider a friend. The illustrations were absolutely brilliant since they looked like children's drawings. That really appealed to him."

I also asked Mome what color she would like to be...

"After much deliberation and a few debates on what color mome gets to be, I chose a simple pink crayon for myself. Its girly and demure just like me; yeah right."


ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Debut author Drew Daywalt and New York Timesbestseller Oliver Jeffers create a colorful solution in this playful, imaginative story that will have children laughing and playing with their crayons in a whole new way.

Here are some fun crayon activities.


Make this with the Sugar Aunts, HERE.


Make crayon resist art with the Happy Hooligans, HERE.


Find it on No time for Flashcards, HERE.



Solar crayon candles with And Chaos Ensued, HERE.


Waxpaper and crayon fall leaves at V and Co., HERE.


*wuzZies*

4 comments:

  1. That looks like such a sweet book! Great review Kaleb and Mome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaleb is the best reviewer, ever! Thanks for the visit, Pili. :)

      Delete
  2. This is great!!! I love what you did with the pictures and thank you again for this fantastic book!! we read it like 5 times last night alone. So cute for kids of any age really. *wuzzies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember having those "serial" reading books when I was little. I am happy this book has turned out to be such a big hit!

      Delete

I love to chat. Thanks for stopping by for a peek. ~ La La