Tuesday, January 26, 2016

KOOKIES & MILK #6 with KAYLEE & MOMMY

THREE
BAD KITTY GOES TO THE VET
KOOKIES & MILK is a monthly feature where five year old KAYLEE reviews books with a little help from MOMMY.


🔶

This month Kaylee is telling you about an ARC she recieved from the publisher of the Bad Kitty series!


BAD KITTY GOES TO THE VET
This was Kaylee and my first Bad Kitty book, although I've been aware of them for awhile.  We received an ARC from the publisher and Kaylee loves to have a chapter book read to her before bed.  We both fell in love with Bad Kitty and are now working on reading all the books in the series.

KAYLEE
Kaylee's favorite part is the funny illustrations.  It is almost like a graphic novel, but much easier to read out loud.  The illustrations really keep Kaylee engaged with the story.  Kitty is very cute even though she throw tantrums when things don't go her way.  The other part that helps keep Kaylee engaged is that the narrator speaks directly to Kitty, so it sounds like the reader is talking directly to Kitty.  It makes it feel more interactive.

MOMMY
My favorite part is the humor.  I think parents will appreciate Kitty's toddler like tendencies and cat owners will appreciate the sly cat references.  In this story, Kitty is not feeling well and has to go to the vet.  Which, as you can imagine, does not go over well.  Peppered throughout the book is actual factual information about cat ownership which I appreciate.
Overall, we adored the Bad Kitty Goes to the Vet.  I think younger children (4-8) would enjoy this being read to them and I think beginning readers who like a lot of action and pictures would also find these books fun.

GOODREADS
BAD KITTY 1-15

2 comments:

  1. Love that you and your daughter are together. Keep reading and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept of reviewing books with your child. What a way to foster writing! I'll have to try this with my six-year-old. We would love for you to link up this post with us at the Literacy Musing Mondays Linkup #LMMLinkup http://www.foreverjoyful.net/?p=830

    ReplyDelete

I love to chat. Thanks for stopping by for a peek. ~ La La